Recently on my mind: Dun lose weight.

Previous Posts

Archives

More Bloggers


My CaReLeSs WhIsPeR-Think UNIT TRUST, Think Agnes

Tuesday, October 25, 2005
A New Found Path
Due to blogspot problem yesterday, let us juz pretend that today is Monday :p

I can now officially start counting down the days to enter another subchapter of my life…14 more days to go :)

*Grins* Oh yeah, I have tendered my resignation letter today and my last day of employment with Sudong Sdn Bhd, as a customer service officer will be on the 4th November 05 (Friday). My last day is supposed to be on the 5th which is a Sat, but I have one day in-lieu so I chose to clear it on that particular day. I have that one day in-lieu coz I was working on one of the Malaysian public holidays.


This paragraph is especially dedicated to those who have been with me throughout my job hunting process, those who have been supporting me in that and also during that time of my pre-depression. Besides I’m not forgetting those of you who had said prayers for me too, to get a job I like and whatever coz I wouldn’t know exactly you’ve done but I do know from the bottom of my heart that you all are alwiz there to lift me up. I dunno how to thank you all anymore and I dun know how I can ever repay you ppl :) THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Now, the main question...where and what is the name of my new company? This is what I’ve been looking for, throughout the whole 4 months man. Hehe...it’s nearer to where I live now, compared to Melaka Raya; also a multinational corporation; 5 days week; a lil impressive job position/function(self perceived case la); no uniform as dress code, reasonable and good (oh yeah) basic salary which will make me a few hundred ringgit richer each month. Oh wow….what more can I ask for man!!! Nothing more and nothing less I tell you. Alrite, dun wan to keep you ppl in suspense for too long. My new company is Cubic Creative Electronics Sdn Bhd in Taman Tasik Utama, Ayer Keroh, near MITC. From 7th Nov onwards, the cubic family will be having another member, that’s me, joining in as a HR-Training Officer. Well, that is not EXACTLY the job title stipulated in the employment contract but I can assure you that it IS that. Erm, I have no idea why they dun include the word ‘training’ in the job title coz that’s what I’ll be handling, also C&B (Compensation and Benefit). Probation will be for a period of 3 months.

I guess no matter what title they put in the contract, as you might agree, the most important thing is not really that, in fact it’s the job responsibilities that counts. I was told that I’ll be coordinating training within the company. It is a not-to-be-neglected HR function, if you were to ask any HR staff out there. If I’m not mistaken, the interviewers did tell me that I might be a trainer in the later phase too, like they would brief me on the materials and I need to then train the rest. I can’t really recall if that’s what they mean, but if it is, I would be really, really glad to be a trainer :)

Maybe I should blog a lil on the interview huh. We arranged the interview date and time, I went for it. The very next day, my immediate supervisor who is also one of the interviewers, called me up to conduct a informal second interview over the phone around 7pm (imagine that) then I got an official call the morning after and was told that I’m successful in getting the job. Finally…finally…I’ve been longing (haha) to hear this for so so so long already, and I heard it then. Wasn’t very very surprise coz during the interview, they asked me what I think is my chance of getting selected, and I laufed and said “ermm can I say 80%...* with the facial expression that says…omg did I juz say that?????* That’s basically the percentage I truly feel I have though..wasn’t trying to blow my own horn or anything.

The reason why I mentioned 80% was becoz coordinating training was what I did back in Vishay Semiconductor, under my supervisor who is responsible for the company training matters. Of coz, I dun know much but I do have some hands-on experience in that field. Plus, I’m interested in becoming a trainer or something on that line. So, I had to make them see that it’s smth that I wish to do in years to come. And I did it!

Anyway, towards the end of that informal second interview (I prefer calling that a ‘phone chat’ coz my immediate supervisor is really friendly and we actually chatted like friends. Serious), I told her I was juz a lil curious to know what my possibility of getting the job was, she said it’s like how I’ve put it, the 80% thingy and after the chat she was happy with my answers and it’s then 90% :) No doubt, my family was very happy for me too. Me? How can I not be???

Soon after hearing the pleasing news, I started to think about my colleagues in Sudong Singtel. I mean, I’m gonna leave everything and everyone in Sudong for my new found path, my new company. The day after, a malay colleague of mine came over to my workstation suddenly and placed a earphone in my ears. Then, all I heard was Mimpi by Daniel Malaysian Idol. She knows I’m a fan of Daniel and she really made me sad by doing such sweet and nice thing to me. She is the one who lent me her hp to listen to Daniel’s radio interview on that one morning too, remember? I call her Lin (azlina)

We’re all on the same boat and therefore, we’re like a family at work. We’d help each other out when we face any issues and problems. Now that I’m leaving *sob sob* I had been beria-ria and bising-bising wanting to ciao and now fate has brought me to it, I gotta embark on that new-found journey as I will not stop chasing after my dreams and I know I have to. I’d surely miss my Chinese female colleague Cynthia, Lin, my ATL and the rest. Sorry for not telling you earlier Cynthia, I juz din know how to break the news to you coz I understand the situation you’re now in. Anyway, I’d miss taking bus home with that Indian colleague too. Separation and changes ain’t easy things in life for us to deal with.

We are only human.

cubic huh.... my frens who worked there b4 told me that cubic really squeeze u to the last drop...
u'll have to work from monday till sunday all at different shift and even on pubilc holidays like deepavali n raya...  

_____________________

Wah, now you have found the job you like! Congratulation!!  

_____________________

2 comments from diff person or wat?

Huh...dun scare me man. That one is production staff rite? Shift? HR ok gua?

Nevermind, sudong also ada its own bad-things la. Aiya, everywhere also the same la. But to get busy with HR, still ok for me gua..erm but i dun wan to say too early first though.

anyway, may i know who r u? put la ur name instead of anonymous :)  

_____________________

Post a Comment